Being self employed in the UK, most likely means you fall under one of these 3 categories:
You have the option to verify your income manually and in order for our referencing team to verify this, we require you to upload documents which provide evidence of this.
For a sole trader we will take into account your net profit before tax. For a director we will take into account your salary and dividends, and for a partner we will take into account your salary and dividends plus shares.
Please see below a list of acceptable documents for self employment and what you will need to upload.
- This is a summary of the tax year
- Needs to be dated within the most recent completed financial year
- Acceptable with a minimum of 6 months of accounts to be considered
- Must be provided on company letter-head
- Provide finalised figures and dates for the most recent completed financial year
- Must be signed by your accountant
Tax return (SA100):
- We will take your total income before tax from this
- Must be a submitted tax return
- Dated within the last completed financial year
As directors/partners are classed as employees of their company we can obtain an employer reference for them.
Please see here for assistance on completing the Income/Rent section of your RentPassport™.