In order to verify your self-employment income without Open Banking, you need to have been self-employed in the UK for a minimum of 3 months.
For a sole trader we will verify your net profit before tax. For a director, although you are an employee and an owner of a company, we verify your salary plus dividends therefore require self employment documents. Finally, for a partner we will verify your net profit before tax plus shares.
To verify your self-employment income you'll need to enter your income details. In order for our referencing team to verify this, you will need to provide evidence of this income by uploading one of the following documents:
- This is a summary of the tax year
- Needs to be dated within the most recent completed financial year
- If you do your own Self-Assessment tax return, you can download your SA302 from your HMRC online account. Follow the instructions here.
Accountant's reference letter:
- Acceptable with a minimum of 6 months of accounts to be considered
- Must be provided on company letter-head
- Provide finalised figures and dates for the most recent completed financial year
- Must be signed by your accountant
Tax return (SA100):
- This must be a tax return that has been fully submitted to HMRC
- Dated within the last completed financial year
- We will verify your income based on the total income before tax, as stated on the tax return
Please see here for assistance on completing the Income section of your RentPassport™.