The following information is aimed at students who are in receipt of a government-funded maintenance loan. For details on bursaries, grants and scholarship income, please click here.
a) We do not accept any student finance or loans which are paid towards tuition. We are only able to accept payments towards living expenses.
b) We do not accept any private loans, overseas loans or payments from relatives/friends.
- If you are employed during your education please ensure you enter these details separately by also selecting employed in income sources.
Verifying Income: Employment
- For those without any income support please select No income in your RentPassport™.
What to do if you have no income
In order for our referencing team to verify your maintenance loan, you will need to provide evidence of this income by uploading the following document:
- Offical award letter.
The Student Loans Company (SLC) handles student finance on behalf of the government in the UK and the Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS) handles student financing within Scotland.
Please see the criteria for the document below:
This is an official letter provided by the Student Loans Company (SLC) or the Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS) detailing the financing you will receive. This can include bursaries, grants and scholarships. We do not consider any payments towards tuition fees, only the maintenance element of the payments.
What we are looking for:
- Awarding body information. This should be on company letterhead.
- SLC (Student Loans Company)
- SFE (Student Finance England)
- SAAS (Student Awards Agency Scotland)
- This letter should be dated within the last year. If you have confirmation longer than this, please contact a support team.
- The letter must also confirm which academic year you will receive the loan. This is usually when you will start receiving the award.
- The letter must outline the dates of each payment throughout the period.
- This letter must clearly show that this award is for you.
- The total amount of award you will receive within the date period.
- Breakdown of each payment throughout the period. This will also detail how you will receive this award, i.e Monthly/ quarterly payments.
The letter must also confirm what this award is supporting such as tuition or living costs.
If we do not have the full details listed above, this may delay your income verification. You can also access these details on your online account.
Please see here for assistance in completing the Income section of your RentPassport™.
Please note: If your RentPassport™ is not connected to an agent, sections not auto-verified will appear as self-certified. All manual reviews by our referencing team will be undertaken once you have connected to an agent for a tenancy application.