What is Rent and Legal Protection?
Rent and Legal Protection or RLP is comprehensive cover to protect you should the worst happen.
We’ve partnered with DAS UK Group to provide Rent & Legal Protection Insurance to give you total peace of mind. DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Limited (‘DAS’) is the underwriter and provides the legal protection insurance and additional services under your policy.
You can be covered in minutes and choose to pay upfront or in monthly instalments. To get an instant quote click here.
What is covered under Rent & Legal Protection?
You also have access to DAS Businesslaw as part of your policy. DAS Businesslaw is an online resource that provides vital business and legal support. It contains a range of regularly updated business and legal guides, document builders, interactive checklists and videos that can help you stay on top of managing your properties, as well as helping you to manage your exposure to legal risk. Visit www.dasbusinesslaw.co.uk and use the voucher code on your policy documents.
The property you have told us about used for residential purposes only, and let under:
- an assured shorthold tenancy or assured tenancy under the Housing Act 1988; or
- a standard contract under the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016; or
- an assured tenancy or short assured tenancy under the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988; or
- a private residential tenancy under the Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland) Act 2016; or
- a Company Residential tenancy (company let) created after 28th February 1997 where the tenant is a Private Limited Company (Ltd), a Public Limited Company (Plc) or a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP); or
- a private residential tenancy to which the Private Tenancies (Northern Ireland) Order 2006 applies; or
- an agreement where you have let a room or rooms in your property to a lodger for residential purposes and you live in your property as the landlord along with the person you have let the room or rooms to; or
- any equivalent or future amending legislation applying to this definition.
To get a quote for RLP click here. If you are an agency you may want to contact our Sales team to discuss this further.