What is Rent and Legal Protection?
How do I get a quote for Rent & Legal Protection?
We offer two different types of policy, one for Landlords who own the property they wish to cover, and one for Agents.
What is covered under Rent & Legal Protection?
- Rent Protection
Up to 12 months' rent paid in full should the tenant fall into arrears.
- Property Damage Cover
Dealing with disputes over damage to your property
- Tenants or Squatters Eviction
Of those living without your permission along with legal proceedings.
- 50% of Rent
Paid after vacant possession for up to 3 months
- Legal Expense
Coverage of up to £50,000
- 24/7 Support
For Agents and Landlords via a legal advice helpline.
What countries are covered?
Our policies cover properties in:
Can I pay for Rent & Legal Protection monthly?
No, at the moment you can only purchase an annual policy.
Which properties are covered by Rent & Legal Protection?
The property you have told us about used for residential purposes only, and let under:
- an assured shorthold tenancy or assured tenancy under the Housing Act 1988; or
- a standard contract under the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016; or
- an assured tenancy or short assured tenancy under the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988; or
- a private residential tenancy under the Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland) Act 2016; or
- a Company Residential tenancy (company let) created after 28th February 1997 where the tenant is a Private Limited Company (Ltd), a Public Limited Company (Plc) or a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP); or
- a private residential tenancy to which the Private Tenancies (Northern Ireland) Order 2006 applies; or
- an agreement where you have let a room or rooms in your property to a lodger for residential purposes and you live in your property as the landlord along with the person you have let the room or rooms to; or
- any equivalent or future amending legislation applying to this definition.