What we will pay:
We will pay an appointed representative, on your behalf, costs and expenses incurred, and we will pay your hotel expenses and storage costs, and any rent arrears that we have agreed, following an insured incident, provided that:
- The most we will pay for all claims resulting from one or more event arising at the same time or from the same originating cause is £50,000
- The most we will pay in costs and expenses is no more than the amount we would have paid to a preferred law firm or tax consultancy. The amount we will pay a law firm (where acting on your behalf) is currently £100 per hour. This amount may vary from time to time
- Rent arrears are payable by us 30 days in arrears as shown under insured incidents 5(a) and 5(b) Rent arrears
- In respect of an appeal or the defence of an appeal, you must tell us as soon as possible and within the statutory time limits allowed that you want to appeal. Before we pay the costs and expenses for appeals, we must agree that reasonable prospects exist
- For an enforcement of judgment to recover money and interest due to you after a successful claim under this policy, we must agree that reasonable prospects exist; and
- Where an award of damages is the only legal remedy to a dispute and the cost of pursuing legal action is likely to be more than any award of damages, the most we will pay in costs and expenses is the value of the likely award.
What we will not pay:
- In the event of a claim, if you decide not to use the services of a preferred law firm or tax consultancy, you will be responsible for any costs that fall outside the DAS Standard Terms of Appointment and these will not be paid by us.
- If you are registered for VAT we will not pay the VAT element of any costs and expenses.
Please note that all claims must be reported to Das no more than 90 days after the date you should have known about the insured incident. For claims under insured incident 5 Rent arrears, please contact Das within 45 days if any part of the rent owed under the tenancy agreement is still unpaid after the date it was first due.
If you wish to speak to us about:
- Legal Advice – you can get telephone legal advice on any legal issue affecting you
- Claims – you can report a claim 24/7 either by telephone or using the on-line claim form
- Tax Advice – dedicated tax advisers can provide advice on tax issues affecting you. Please phone us on 0117 934 0412 and quote your policy number. You will be asked about your legal issue and if necessary receive a call back to deal with your query.