If you have a complaint about the product or the service you have received, please find guidance below.
Canopy strives to do everything to ensure our clients receive the best possible service. If you are not satisfied with the level of service provided by us, we will endeavour to resolve this as soon as possible.
If you consider that you have cause to complain, the following information will advise you:
- How to make a complaint
- The procedures we are committed to follow in ensuring your complaint is
dealt with promptly, fairly and effectively
- What options are open to you if you are not satisfied with our response
How to make a complaint
If you wish to complain, you can contact us at any time by phone, by chat or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our complaints handling procedure
- We aim to resolve your concerns, whenever possible, by the close of business on the third working day after we receive your complaint.
- If we cannot resolve your complaint within three business days, an acknowledgement letter will be sent outlining to process. Your dedicated complaint handler will investigate your complaint and respond with a final resolution letter within eight weeks.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and you are an eligible complainant as defined by the Financial Conduct Authority (that is to say you are, an individual consumer, a micro-enterprise [a commercial enterprise which employs fewer than 10 people and has a turnover or annual balance sheet that does not exceed €2 million], a charity with an annual income of under £6.5 million, a trustee of a trust having a net asset value of under £5 million, a borrower under a consumer buy-to-let agreement, or a small business [an enterprise that has an annual turnover of less than £6.5 million and either employs fewer than 50 persons or has an annual balance sheet total of less than £5 million], then you will have recourse to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). This must be made within six months of the final resolution letter being issued.
The FOS can be contacted at:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange
London E14 9SR
020 7964 1000 (switchboard)
+44 20 7964 1000 (for calls from outside the UK)
020 7964 1001 (main fax)
0800 023 4 567 (Calls to this number are now free on mobile phones and landlines)
0300 123 9 123 (Calls to this number cost no more than calls to 01 and 02 numbers)
- We will endeavour to resolve your complaint at the earliest possible stage. We will thoroughly investigate the matter and will usually send our summary resolution communication within five days or a final response to you in writing no later than eight weeks after receipt of your complaint.
- If your complaint concerns the provision of (or failure to provide) a service by another firm authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, such as an insurer, we will promptly refer your complaint in writing to the firm. We will notify you that we have passed your complaint to the third party for them to investigate and resolve.
- We will keep you regularly informed of our progress and the measures being taken to resolve your complaint. If our response is not issued within four weeks of the date we received your complaint, we will issue a letter to you explaining why we have been unable to resolve your complaint and indicate when we will make further contact. You are welcome to contact us at any time to check the status of our investigation.
- If, after eight weeks, you are still waiting for us and/or Resolution Compliance Limited to respond, we will write to you explaining why we have been unable to conclude your complaint and the options available to you.
- The European Commission has established an Online Dispute Resolution Platform (ODR Platform). It is specifically designed to help customers resident in the European Union (EU) who have a complaint about goods or services bought online from traders established in the EU. You can submit your complaint online through the ODR platform in any of the official languages of the EU. The ODR platform can then submit your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service to facilitate the resolution of your complaint.
- Please note, where we provide regulated account information services as an agent of Plaid Financial Ltd. "Plaid", we will work with Plaid to resolve this.
You may use the ODR service if you are resident in the EU and have a complaint about a product or service purchased from us online using the following link:
As the ODR platform will ultimately re-direct your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service, you may prefer to contact us or the Financial Ombudsman Service directly in the first instance.
If using the ODR Platform you may find the following information helpful: