Guarantors may be requested for a tenancy application to ensure the landlord/ agent has someone to pay the rent should renters default. If you are required to provide a guarantor you will be notified by email and in-app.
Review the information below and ensure you have a suitable guarantor willing to guarantee the tenancy agreement.
- Must be UK-based. If you do not have a UK based guarantor please click here.
- Must earn at least 36x the monthly rental income per annum in order to cover the renter's rent.
- Must not have any active CCJs or any satisfied CCJs within the last 3 years.
For steps on how to request a guarantor please visit How to invite a guarantor
How can a guarantor fail referencing?
Below are a number of reasons a guarantor could fail referencing:
- If the guarantor does not meet the income affordability.
- If they have variable employment such as temporary or casual employment.
- If they have been self-employed for less than 3 months or cannot provide sufficient proof of income.
- If they have a negative credit history.
- If their residency and ownership at the addresses provided cannot be proved.
- Information on the application is found to be fraudulent.