Full Screening: Landlord Reference
A RentPassport™ has two sections. Firstly Instant Screening which contains your income and rent verification, Credit check and your Rental preferences. Secondly, is the Full Screening section. If your Agent/Landlord requests Full Screening this means you are required to provide an Employment and Landlord reference which is then attached to your RentPassport™.
This article highlights the requirements of a suitable landlord referee. Most landlords and agents require a landlord reference to verify that you are a good tenant.
For more information and a step by step guide on how to complete this section please see our article here.
Who can provide a Landlord Reference?
- This must be your most recent landlord or agent, if you have not rented in the UK in the last 3 years please select this option as we can only accept references dated within 3 years.
- Your referee can be anyone who owned or managed the property you rented. Typically a landlord owns a property and an agent manages a property. Both an agent or a landlord can do both, own and manage a property, so it's best to speak to you landlord/agent and assess who is best to provide the reference.
- Depending on who you rented your property from they must have access to your tenancy information in order to supply an accurate reference.
What is included in a Landlord Reference?
The landlord reference displays your
- Previous address
- Payment frequency
- Tenancy Start Date
- Tenancy End Date
- Rent Amount
- Rent Arrears
- Any damage to the property
- Would they rent to the tenant again.
The purpose of this section is provide your agent with further information of what kind of tenant you will be.