How to set up your Rent Tracking
Why sign up for the RentTracking™ service?
By simply connecting your bank account and sharing your repeat rent payments you can sit back and watch your credit history improve.
RentTracking™ allows your rent to be tracked and contribute to your Experian credit report.
Renters can now benefit from paying rent on time and build a positive credit history. Canopy RentTracking™ is free to use and is the best way to build credit history without taking on new credit or loans.
How to start your RentTracking™
Make sure you have met the RentTracking™ criteria here before you start tracking rent.
- To begin the process log into your RentPassport™ account then click onto the RentTracking™ icon at the bottom of the page:
- Select 'Start tracking rent'.
- Confirm your current address
- Connect your bank account / choose which bank you pay rent from
- Select how often you pay rent
- Select your most recent bank payment from your transactions
- You will then be asked to upload Proof of tenancy - this should be a tenancy agreement between you and the landlord. To assess whether the document you have is acceptable please see RentTracking™ verification
After you have completed these steps you are all set up and can watch your rent be tracked and improve your credit history!
- It is preferable to use to the app rather than the website to set up RentTracking™
- If you and your partner pay rent from a joint account only 1 of you will be able to use the RentTracking™ service
- RentTracking™ cannot be back dated nor previous tenancies added to your RentTracking™