How to set up your Rent Tracking
Why sign up for the RentTracking™ service?
By simply connecting your bank account and sharing your repeat rent payments you can sit back and watch your credit history improve.
RentTracking™ allows your rent to be tracked and contribute to your Experian credit report.
Renters can now benefit from paying rent on time and build a positive credit history. Canopy RentTracking™ is free to use and is the best way to build credit history without taking on new credit or loans.
How to start your RentTracking™
Make sure you have met the RentTracking™ criteria here before you start tracking rent.
- To begin the process log into your RentPassport™ account then click onto the RentTracking™ icon at the bottom of the page:
- Select 'Start tracking rent'.
- Confirm your current address
- Connect your bank account / choose which bank you pay rent from
- Select how often you pay rent
- Select your most recent bank payment from your transactions (if you have paid the deposit with your first payment, please wait until your next payment has been paid in order to track the correct amount).
- You will then be asked to upload Proof of tenancy - this should be a tenancy agreement between you and the landlord. To assess whether the document you have is acceptable please see RentTracking™ verification
After you have completed these steps you are all set up and can watch your rent be tracked and improve your credit history!
- It is preferable to use to the app rather than the website to set up RentTracking™
- If you and your partner pay rent from a joint account only 1 of you will be able to use the RentTracking™ service
- RentTracking™ cannot be back dated nor previous tenancies added to your RentTracking™