If your tenant had purchased their DepositFree™ Insurance before July 2019, this policy is underwritten by Hiscox. When they have reached the end of their policy and you need to make a claim please see the following information on what information we require and the procedure to take.
Before commencing the claims process you will need to ensure you have prepared the following information:
- Confirmation from the tenant that damage caused by them during in their tenancy and also their agreement to paying the excess.
- Communication between you and the tenants requesting payment for claim, i.e rent arrears or damages.
- The inventory and photos prior to the tenancy being taken over by the renter and an inventory with photographic evidence of damage caused, along with an estimate for the repair or reinstatement.
- The date that the tenant moved out.
- The BACs of the account where the payment is to be made into should a claim be successful.
Please be aware you only have 60 days from the policy end date to make a claim.
Step 1 :
Firstly, you need to ensure you have collected the relevant information in order to support your claim. You will need to contact our claims team and they will provide you with the claims form.
Next, you will need to complete the claims form and return this to the claims team along with all relevant documentation. Our claims team will begin processing this claim to Hiscox who will assess the information.
After Hiscox has reviewed your claim and delivered an outcome, you will receive a confirmation email from Canopy. Any claims paid out will process within 5-7 working days.
All claims processed with Hiscox are paid out without this excess as this will need to claimed by the landlord from the tenant. If the claim amount is less than the excess this will need be recovered from the tenant by the agent/landlord.