This article will cover what we accept in order to verify the various sections of a renters RentPassport™.
The renter will see the following sections in order to complete their Instant RentPassport™ :
- Credit check
- Income verification
- Rent verification
- Savings (optional)
- Rental Preferences (optional)
If you request full screening they also have to complete:
- Employer reference
- Landlord reference
For a tenant to complete their Credit Check they need to input their full legal name, date of birth, phone number and full address history.
We are powered through Experian who ask for at least 3 years of addresses to ensure they have the most accurate credit profile.
Users have two options when verifying their income payments:
The user connects with their bank account and quickly and securely verify income and rent.
They can add their bank account and select their payments from the transactions that are listed.
Users can do this by uploading the relevant documents and manually inputting their employment type, employer, and annual salary for income.
For rent they input their landlord/agents name and the rent amount.
Please see below a list of the documents we accept to verify income depending on the employment status:
- 3 months consecutive most recent payslips if they are paid monthly
- 4 weeks consecutive most recent payslips if they are paid weekly
- 3 months consecutive most recent payslips if they are paid bi-weekly
- Employment Contract and offer letter (together with recent payslip if the role has started)
- Accountant Signed Reference Letter (Acceptable with a minimum of 6 months of accounts to be considered) We would need to validate the information provided to our satisfaction
- Most recent completed tax return
As directors/partners are classed as employees of their company we can obtain an employer reference for them.
- Latest P60
- Latest state pension annual statement
- 3 months consecutive most recent pension payslips
- Most recent completed tax return
- Accountant Signed Reference Letter. We would need to validate the information provided to our satisfaction
- Entitlement/award letter confirming the benefit due to be received (dated within 3 months) accompanied with proof of latest payment (if applicable)
- Entitlement/award letter confirming the benefit income received over the latest financial year or the provisional payments for the current financial year
- Latest 3 months’ fully itemised bank statements showing the benefit payments.
- For Universal credit, we also accept the latest 3 months’ pay statements
- A renter who is unemployed or has no income will still be able to complete their income section in the RentPassport by selecting the correct option and entering 0 in annual salary. Please ensure you request a guarantor if needed.
- Award letter dated within the last year confirming the annual amount. (If the award letter is older than a year, due to being issued at the start of a course which is longer than a year, we obtain proof of the latest payments to ensure the scholarship is still ongoing)
- Signed Reference Letter from the relevant department within the university or awarding body.
- Signed Reference Letter from the sponsoring embassy
We only accept the maintenance element of the award only, not payments towards the tuition fees.
We can only verify rent payments of tenants who have been paying via bank transfer or direct debit, in order to verify this they will need to self certify by connecting via Open Banking.